CANADIAN ASSOCIATION FOR EQUALITY
SPECIAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Canadian Centre for Men and Families Toronto (152 Carlton Street) and Remotely
1. Opening of Meeting.
Meeting opened at 7:15 pm Eastern Time
2. Approval of Agenda
Agenda approved unanimously
3. Approval of Minutes of 2017 AGM
Minutes from 2017 AGM moved by Roger Gallaway, seconded by Dan Bonin
Minutes approved unanimously
4. Motion to Approve 2017 Financial Report
Motion to Approve 2017 Financial Statements as presented, Moved by Roger Gallaway and seconded by Paul Sandor
Financial report accepted unanimously
5. Motion to Approve Amendments to CAFE National Bylaws. Details provided below.
Motion to Approve Amendments to National Bylaws moved by Edward Sullivan, Paul Nathanson seconded
Edward Sullivan explains the bylaw amendments proposed, Brief discussion follows.
Bylaw amendments approved unanimously
6. Motion to ratify acclamation of new directors from 2018 AGM: Monique Dietvorst, Don Dutton.
Moved by Eleanor Levine, seconded by Kriss Clement
7. Motion to Approve appointment of new directors appointed by Board of directors: Dwayne Walker, John Robson, Jill Hendry
Moved by Dan Bonin, seconded by Kriss Clement
8. Motion to approve the appointment of directors acclaimed at AGM 2018: Paul Sandor, Mark Austerberry, James Brown, Geoff Stone
Moved by Dan McKinnon, seconded by Eleanor Levine
9. Open opportunity for reports and comments by Directors, Branch Leaders and Others
The following discussion topics occurred: update on family shelter campaign, requests for parental alienation services nationally, plus additional discussion about online support group. 2 attendees volunteer for this project, discussion about fundraising strategy. Justin Trottier presents Year in Review
Kriss Clement moves meeting to be adjourned. Meeting declared adjourned at 8:20pm Eastern Time.
The following amendments to the CAFE National Bylaws were approved
1. Insert the following clause:
20.1 Conduct of Meetings of Members
Unless another set of procedures is adopted by ordinary resolution of the Board, meetings of members shall be conducted using the chair’s discretion. In the case of any dispute, Robert’s Rules of Order shall govern.
2. Amend clause 29.1 (“Ordinary Term”) to read:
29.1 Ordinary Term
Directors elected at an annual members’ meeting shall hold office for terms expiring not later than the close of the second annual meeting of the members after their election, so long as they remain eligible under Section 26.0 (Eligibility of Directors) and compliant with Section 31.0 (Remuneration of Directors). Terms of office shall be staggered such that fifty (50) percent of terms expire each year.
3. Amend the title of clause 29.2 from “Term of Unelected Directors” to “Special Term”.