Survivors of False Allegations Support Program
Survivors of False Allegations (SOFA) Support Program
Every Thursday from 7pm to 9pm – Practical Resources and Shared Experience (for all survivors of false allegations and their loved ones). Due to the global pandemic SOFA will be held on Zoom. To receive the room code you must first register.
Fee: No charge
The Canadian Centre for Men and Families (CCMF), operating under the governance of its parent organization, the registered charity Canadian Association for Equality (CAFE), is proud to offer an important new service for Survivors of False Allegations (SOFA). This program has been built in response to overwhelming client demand.
To provide a welcoming and non-judgmental environment that supports those who have been falsely accused or wrongfully convicted. The group encourages clients to discuss their experience, share successes and failures within the criminal justice process, and address the unique emotional struggles that result from false accusations and wrongful convictions.
– Those who have not been convicted in a criminal court of law
– Those who have been convicted in a criminal court of law
– Those who have been accused formally or informally without charges being laid
– Loved ones who seek resources alongside the attending falsely accused or wrongfully convicted individual
– Loved ones who seek resources in lieu of or on behalf of the incarcerated falsely accused or wrongfully convicted individual
- Personal/Social Support – to provide personal support for coping with the overwhelming stresses, and the extremely difficult life challenges faced by those who are falsely accused or wrongfully convicted and their supporters.
- Practical Resources & Shared Experience
- Criminal Advice from a criminal lawyer (every 4th Thursday of the month)
To collect data for the purposes of program development and evidence-based reporting on:
– Frequency of Client Types that request our services
– Support Type that is most often requested and attended
– Specific resources or linked supports that are most often requested
– Common denominators in causes of false accusation and/or wrongful conviction across all client cases