NEW FULL TIME POSITION!
Director of Development at Canadian Centre for Men and Families
Are you looking to join a unique and growing new organization dedicated to gender equality and the health and well-being of boys, men, fathers and families?
Apply now for the position of Director of Development (DOD) at the Canadian Centre for Men and Families (CCMF), an exciting new full time position. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will be responsible for the design and implementation of the organization’s fundraising efforts.
About the Organization
The Canadian Centre for Men and Families is Toronto’s first “men’s centre,” an open, inclusive and safe space for men’s health and social services. The Centre hosts programs and services such as counselling, therapy, peer support, legal assistance, meditation, fathering, and support for male victims of domestic abuse and trauma.
The Centre is operated by the Canadian Association for Equality, a registered educational charity that supports all efforts at achieving gender equality. Our focus is on the status, health and well-being of boys, men and fathers, where attention, investment and support for educational and social programs are significantly underdeveloped. We hold public events, undertake evidence-based research, engage in public policy campaigns and host an online video series.
Applications Due: Friday, April 30, 2018
Status: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Location: Canadian Centre for Men and Families, 152 Carlton St. Unit 201, Toronto, ON, M4Y 2J9
Remuneration: This position provides a salary of $30,000 gross per year.
How to Apply: Email a cover letter and resume as a text, word or PDF attachment, to Executive Director Justin Trottier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As Director of Development, the DOD leads the team that fundraises for the organization’s educational programs and social services. As with all staff positions, it is expected that mission, core values and vision are exemplified by the individual filling this role. The DOD will fosters a culture of philanthropy within the organization, while ensuring that the organization’s corporate culture, systems and procedures support fund development.
- Responsible for managing all elements of the organization’s fundraising mix, including private contributions, government and foundations grants, corporate sponsorships and fundraising events
- Chairs the National Fundraising and Advancement Committee and manages a national team of volunteers
- Responsible for donor relations and stewardship
- Manage the process of applying for grants and complying with reporting requirements.
- Ensures that philanthropy and fund development are carried out in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, vision and plans, and in compliance with the organization’s Statement of Ethics and the Donor Bill of Rights.
- Empowers the Board of Directors, Executive Director and volunteers with tools and training to fully engage the entire team in fundraising
The Attributes of an Ideal Director of Development
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in one of the following area or a related program: non-profit management, social services, social work, business, fundraising management, project management. Other relevant educational backgrounds include marketing, communications, human resources, public administration, public policy and governance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience working with boys, men and fathers ideal but not required
- Passion for the cause of equality an asset
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
- Detail oriented and great memory for detail
- Goal oriented
- Excellent in managing and motivating volunteers
- Assertive but not overly aggressive
- In love with our organization and ready to shout it from the rooftops
Candidates who have many but not all of these qualities are still encouraged to apply.