Client/Program Manager and Chief Operations Officer
The Client/Program Manager is responsible for managing the client experience at the Canadian Centre for Men and Families as well as the development, operation and evaluation of all in-house programs and services. The Client/Program Manager will also support the marketing of Centre programs and work to outreach with other community agencies on behalf of our clients and programs.
The Client/Program Manager works in a team with other staff and volunteers at the CCMF to create and maintain a safe, respectful, welcoming and supportive space for men and families. The Client/Program Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Application Deadline Extended to Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
Term: Starts Monday, January 23, 2017
Status: Part-Time, hours to be negotiated.
Location: Canadian Centre for Men and Families, 152 Carlton St. Unit 201, Toronto, ON, M4Y 2J9
How to Apply: Email a cover letter and resume as a text, word or PDF attachment, to CEO Justin Trottier at email@example.com. You may follow up with a phone call to 647-479-9611.
About the Canadian Centre for Men and Families
Established in 2014, the Canadian Centre for Men and Families (CCMF) is Toronto’s first hub for the health and well-being of boys, men, fathers and families. The Centre is an open, inclusive and safe space, providing therapy and counselling, peer support, a legal clinic, fathering programs, mentorship and support services for male victims of trauma and violence. We provide services, research, advocacy, outreach and public education on all aspects of men’s issues.
- Complete intake and assessment of new participants, ensuring program eligibility, and assessing immediate and longer-term participant needs and goals
- Provide crisis intervention counselling and support, including completing suicide risk assessments, and creating safety plans with participants dealing with abuse and violence
- Assist clients to access third party resources, such as housing, shelter, income assistance, employment support and other resources
- Ensure confidentiality, collection of data and completion of case file documentation as required
Program Operations, Delivery and Evaluation
- Responsible for scheduling all appointments with staff at the CCMF, including individual counselling or legal appointments
- Responsible for recruiting participants into group programs and ensuring programs are kept at capacity
- Responsible to liaise between clients and program facilitators
- Responsible for implementing evaluation processes with client program participants
- Supports the development and improvement of new and existing programs
- Oversee the use of space at the CCMF; monitoring the overall physical and emotional safety of the space; managing potentially escalating situations
- Provide program coverage and support as needed, including tasks such as assisting with the preparation, set up
- Train, supervise and support volunteers
- Supports the marketing and advertising of programs
- Supports community outreach and networking with other agencies
The following are ideal qualifications of the successful candidate. Candidates who do not have every item in this list are still welcome to apply.
- Knowledge and experience working with boys, men and fathers
- 1-2 years’ experience providing counselling and support related to such issues as homelessness, mental health, trauma, transitioning and/or coming out, substance use, family support, accessing legal support, housing, employment and education
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, to problem solve, and to remain flexible and able to adapt within a busy and changing environment
- Master Degree in social work (MSW), psychology, Social Service Work, Community Health or a related program and/or an equivalent combination of education/experience is ideal. Registered Social Workers and Registered Social Service Workers without an MSW are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working in drop-in settings, working within a peer-support framework
- Ability to manage conflict, crisis and escalating situations calmly and confidently
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
This position provides a salary of $1260.00 gross per month.