Summer Internship Opportunity Growing Men and Boys Social Service Agency
Are you looking for a unique summer job working toward improving the health and well-being of boys, men, fathers and families?
Summer Development Coordinator Internship at the Canadian Centre for Men and Families
Reports to: Ontario-West Branch Director
Applications Due: June 25, 2021
Term: Full-time, 8 weeks from July 5th to Aug 27th, 2021
Location: From home and/or at our facility in St. Thomas, Ontario (outside London)
Remuneration: 8 weeks, 35 hours/week, $16/hour
About The Canadian Centre for Men and Families – Ontario West
The Canadian Centre for Men and Families in St. Thomas supports men and boys in need with an open, inclusive and safe hub for services, workshops, research, advocacy, outreach and public education all focused on the health and wellbeing of boys, men, fathers and families. Our programs include:
– Connecting men and boys with mental health services
– Counselling and Therapy
– A peer support group
– A legal clinic
– Abuse support services for male victims of domestic violence
– Fathering After Separation or Divorce
– Employment consultation, discussion groups, lectures and mentorship programs.
The Canadian Centre for Men and Families is governed by the Canadian Association for Equality (CAFE), a registered educational charity.
The Summer Development Coordinator will assist in the transformation of the Canadian Centre for Men and Families into a full-time mental health and social service facility. Depending on changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the Summer Development Coordinator will likely commence remotely and may transition to in-person at the St. Thomas branch location.
- Assist in organizing and enhancing existing services and the development of novel programming.
- Strengthening partnerships with service providers in the surrounding community, as well as developing deeper relationships with secondary and post-secondary educational institutions.
- Investigating and compiling research on core issues within the community and within the male population in general.
- Assist in the development of a fundraising plan spanning the summer through Q4 2021, including a review of funding opportunities and drafting grant applications and templates.
- Contribute to the production of a marketing plan, and establish/maintain social media channels and official CCMF Ontario West accounts accordingly.
The ideal candidate would have or be working toward a degree, diploma or certificate in one of the following areas or a related program: finance, marketing, business administration, health services management, social work, social services, non-profit management, project management, public administration, public policy, governance.
The candidate should have a high level of written and oral communication skills and work well both in individual and group settings. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in English. Computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets) are desirable.
This position is made possible through a Canada Summer Jobs grant.
It is no longer a requirement that Canada Summer Jobs applicants be full-time students. However, to be eligible, the Canada Summer Jobs program requires that an applicant:
– (a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
– (b) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and
– (c) has a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
How to Apply
When applying, you must use the following email subject line: “Summer Development Coordinator Internship Application.” Email a cover letter and resume as a text, word or PDF attachment, to the CCMF Ontario West, Patrick Yao at email@example.com